Rental Property Utility Bills

Utility bills for rental property in New Hope stay in the property owner's name rather than in the tenant's name. Property owners must make a written request if they would like their tenant to receive a duplicate copy of each month's utility bill. There is a $1 monthly fee for this service. Please communicate with your tenant what they are responsible for. 

At this time our system only allows a paper copy OR a paperless copy of the utility bill. Tenants can not and should not sign up for online accounts.

The city will not do a final meter reading when a tenant moves out of a rental property. Final meter readings are only done when a property is sold to a new owner. It is the sole responsibility of a rental property owner to collect any unpaid utility bills.

The city of New Hope will not turn off water to a residence for unpaid utilities. Any delinquent utility bills that are left unpaid are certified to the owner's property taxes once a year. The process begins in June, and the unpaid amount is certified to the taxes on December 1 of each year.

The following form can be filled out either online or by printing it out and filling it in. Completed forms must be submitted by the property owner to the utility billing department, either by email, fax, mail, or drop-off. 

It is ultimately the owner's responsibility to notify us of any changes to the account, including any updates to an owner's mailing address, name change, etc.

A Tip for Renters:
If you are a renter who is responsible for paying the utility bill and have not received a bill recently, contact your landlord. Tenants will not receive a duplicate bill unless a property owner requests it.

Utility Billing
Phone: 763-592-6760
Fax: 763-592-6776

5500 International Parkway
New Hope, MN 55428